Help the Lamppost Education Initiative during the month of Ramadan
Your donations will expand Islamic educational services to Muslims all across the country!
“Knowledge has never been firmly established in any land until the people of those lands started producing their own scholars” Imam Zaid Shakir
“Every Muslim country and every Muslim place has its own scholars. If Islam is to flourish in any place it must have its own scholarship” Dr Khalid Blankinship
“The absence of this scholarship from our Muslim-American intellectual tradition contributes to a dangerous and growing sense of apathy and displacement from our religious values and morals. In communities all over America, Muslim youth are increasingly seeing our din as irrelevant to the essential aspects of their lives in America. The Lamppost Education Initiative seeks to awaken the dormant potential of the American Muslim community by challenging them to take ownership of their collective destiny.” Shaykh Abdullah bin Hamid Ali
What is Lamppost?
Lamppost Education Initiative (Lamppost) is a non-profit educational effort that prides itself on contextualizing and grounding the teachings of Islam in America while maintaining the integrity of its historical message. Our mission is to facilitate access to the unique intellectual contributions of a select number of Muslim American scholars, inspire spiritual and social transformation, and empower through education. For years, Lamppost has provided a wide range of services and resources for the Islamic community in the west. We publish scholarly books and articles. We have provided Arabic to English translations of valuable scholarly Islamic works from our traditional ulama of the past and present. We conduct online classes that help working families, stay at home mothers and students. We conduct live detailed seminars on a host of subjects ranging from marriage, fiqh, spiritual development and more.
At Lamppost, we have struggled to provide these services at the lowest possible cost. Despite the lack of significant financial resources, we have continually provided scholarships to needy Muslims for our online courses, numerous free live seminars, and a host of exclusive articles and videos all at no cost.
Your donations are critical to providing Muslims from all across the country and throughout the world with access to high level and relevant Islamic scholarship. Your donations will be utilized to perform the following tasks:
1.Upgrading our technological abilities in providing live and recorded video sessions of our scholars across the country
2. Providing scholarships to needy Muslim students for our courses
3. Publishing scholarly articles and books on a wide range of topics and subjects that impact Muslims in the West
4. Enabling us to conduct live, free seminars in needy Muslim communities with scholars like Shaykh Abdullah bin Hamid Ali, Dr Khalid Yahya Blankinship, Imam Zaid Shakir, Dr Sherman Abdul-Hakim Jackson, Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes, and many others
During this blessed month of Ramadan please make it a point to support the Lamppost Education Initiative! There are several ways you can join the effort!
1. Make a tax-deductible donation to the Lamppost Education Initiative:
1. Click Image below:
2. Join the Lamppost Team and become a monthly subscriber! This will enable you to get exclusive Lamppost videos and audios every month! Click HERE for more details!
3. Take one of our courses or seminars. Lamppost offers a number of online courses and seminars from our scholars. These courses cover a wide range of topics and essential issues for Muslims today. Click HERE for more details!
4. Be sure to get a copy of our latest publication-“Tears of the Yearners For the Meeting With God“. Click HERE for more details on this work!
Are you a member of a masjid or organization who would be interested in sponsoring a Lamppost event or a needy student for one of our courses? If so, please email us at email@example.com
You can also contribute by sending a check or money order to:
Lamppost Education Initiative
PO Box 13175
Philadelphia, Pa 19101
Lamppost is helping Muslims to contextualize classical teachings, especially those that are more controversial, and encouraging them to pursue an authentic American identity without feeling the need to seek acceptance and integration into mainstream American culture. Join us in the effort to help more Muslims understand how to live the Deen. Listen to a few of our scholars talk about why we should support Lamppost:
Ustadha Zaynab Ansari
Shaykh Yahya Rhodus
Imam Zaid Shakir