This thirteen-session online seminar will cover the rules that govern the basics of Islamic ritual worship according to the Qur’an and the prophetic Sunnah as interpreted in the school of Imam Malik ibn Anas. Topics to be covered: Learn the meaning of fiqh, the ruling of ritual prayer (Salat), obligatory & superogatory prayers, the etiquettes of supplication (du’a), the status of the one who abandons prayer, apostasy, are non-Muslims legally obliged to pray, prerequisites for the validity of prayer, what nullifies the prayer, how to correct mistakes in the prayer, who is not fit for prayer, praying seated, praying behind one who is seated, traveling prayer, recommendations for enhancing focus in prayer, and much more. Classes are pre-recorded so students can study at their own pace.
Listen to a sample of the class, as Shaykh Abdullah explains Sajda Sahw in the school of Imam Malik (ra)
Cost:$120- Click image below
Special Notice: You will receive an email with download instructions within 24 hours of your purchase
Al-Murshid Al-Mu’in ‘ala al-Daruri min ‘Ulum al-Din (The Helpful Guide to Essential Religious Knowledge) has been studied by Maliki students of Morocco for over 3 centuries. The author is ‘Abd Al-Wahid b. ‘Ashir (1040 AH/1631 CE), a versatile scholar from Fes, Morocco. This work covers the fundamentals of the three pivotal topics of the Islamic teachings: Islam, Iman, and Ihsan (practice, belief, and ethics). Our focus will be in the first area (Islam), also characterized as Islamic praxis and jurisprudence (fiqh).
Part II of this course is also available! Click HERE for more details
Lesson Overiew by Week
1. Introduction to Fiqh & the Maliki School (definitions, sources, scholars, schools)
2. Ritual Purity 1: Types of Water, Legal Uses & Impurities
3. Ritual Purity 2: Wudu (Compulsory Acts, Sunnah Acts, Meritorious Acts, Correcting Omissions, Invalidators, Base Standards of Cleanliness)
4. Ritual Purity: Ghusl (acts, nullifiers) & Tayammum (conditions, uses, acts, special scenarios)
5. Salat 1: Validating Conditions, Compulsory Acts
6. Salat 2: Obligating Conditions, Menstruation, Sunnah Acts, Traveling Prayer
7. Salat 3: Favorable Acts, Draping Arms in Prayer, Disliked Acts
8. Salat 4: Types of Prayers (Fara’id, Sunan, Nawafil) and their Descriptions
9. Salat 5: Corrective Prostrations and Invalidators
10.Salat 6: Fiqh of Jumu’ah and Mosques
11. Salat 7: Conditions of an Imam
12. Salat 8: Rules for Following the Imam & What to Do When Imam Breaks Wudu
13. Live Question & Answer Session
Abdullah bin Hamid Ali is the first and only westerner to attend and graduate from the University of Qarawiyyin’s Faculty of Shariah located in Fes, Morocco. He acquired his general license (al-ijazah al-‘ulya) to teach the Islamic sciences in 2001. He served for five years as Assistant Head Chaplain at the State Correctional Institution of Chester, Pennsylvania (SCI Chester, 2002-2007). He has served as resident scholar at the Zaytuna Institute (www.zaytuna.org), soon to be Zaytuna College (www.zaytunacollege.org), since 2007. Among his teachers in the US and abroad are: Dr. Khalid Blankinship, Shaykh Anwar Muhaimin, Ustadh Anas Muhaimin, Shaykh Muhammad al-Ta’wil, Dr. Hasan ‘Azuzi, Dr. Muhammad ‘Abdul-Wahhab Abyat, Dr. Abdullah Ghaziwi, Ustadh Muhammad al-Sarrar, Ustadh Muhammad ‘Alami, Shaykh Ahmed Zwieten, Dr. Muhammad al-Rugi, and many others. He has conducted numerous seminars, lectures, and classes, and has written over 40 scholarly research articles that can be found at: www.lamppostproductions.com. He has also translated, annotated, and authored four published works: Muslim Funeral Guide (Lamppost Productions); Explanation of Murshid Al-Mu’een: Ibn Ashir Recited: Part 1 (Lamppost Productions); The Attributes of God (Amal Press); and A Return to Purity in Creed (Lamppost Productions). He currently resides in the Bay Area.