The Lamppost Education Initiative (Lamppost)is embarking on a special event to address and focus on the concerns, plight, and future of Islam in Black America. The 2018 Black American Muslim Conference (BAMC) on March 17th and 18th in Diamond Bar, CA features some of the most prominent Islamic scholars in America today! Dr. Sherman Jackson, Imam Zaid Shakir, Dr. Rudolph Bilal Ware, Dr. Abdullah Ali, Ustadha Zaynab Ansari, Ustadha Ieasha Prime, and many more. The BAMC is open to everyone who wants to benefit from the knowledge of the Muslim American scholars that we have assembled at this event! Even if you can not attend the BAMC in person, make your presence felt by donating to this worth effort. Please donate to the Lamppost Education Initiative.
For more than 10 years, Lamppost has produced an array of articles, videos, online classes, and live seminars featuring some of the brightest, indigenous Muslim-American minds in the West. Scholars like Shaykh Abdullah bin Hamid Ali, Dr. Khalid Yahya Blankinship, Imam Zaid Shakir, Dr. Sherman Abdul-Hakim Jackson, Ustadha Zaynab Ansari, Ustadh Ali Ataie, Shaykh Muhammad Adeyinka Mendes and so many more. Listen to these videos from Imam Zaid Shakir, Ustadha Ieasha Prime, and Imam Dawud Walid describing our mission at Lamppost:
Ustadha Ieasha Prime on Why we should support Lamppost!
Your contributions allow us to:
1. Expand the number of onsite,live programs and retreats which help us expose more people to Muslim-American Scholars.(Like our current efforts with the Black American Muslim Conference) Recently, we have featured contributions from scholars like Dr. Zara Khan, Ustadh Giovanni Herran, and a host of other Imams, scholars, and teachers during the month of Ramadan. Lamppost provides a wide range of Islamic scholarship to address the variegated needs of various Muslim communities across the United States. We are committed to helping small masajids and Islamic institutions with programs geared towards addressing important issues in the Muslim community. Your support will enable us to do more!
2. Upgrade our technology to provide live streaming of events and recorded videos sessions of our scholars across the country.
3. Provide scholarships to needy Muslim students for our online courses and seminars
4. Publish more scholarly articles and books on a wide range of topics and subjects that impact Muslims in the West.
So your help contributes to the intellectual and spiritual needs of Muslims throughout the world. Please share this appeal with your friends and family to let them know about our efforts at Lamppost and encourage them to donate during this wonderful month of Ramadan! Lamppost is a non-profit 501c3 organization and your donation is tax-deductible in the United States!
There are several ways you can donate and help Lamppost
1. Donate to the Lamppost Education Initiative! Your donation is tax deductible in the United States. Lamppost is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
You can also donate with Paypal
1. Click Image below:
2. Join the Lamppost Team and become a monthly subscriber! This will enable you to get exclusive Lamppost videos and audios every month! Click HERE for more details!
3. Take one of our courses or seminars. Lamppost offers a number of online courses and seminars from our scholars. These courses cover a wide range of topics and essential issues for Muslims today. Our latest offering is a special online course with Dr. Abdullah bin Hamid Ali -“Islamic Criteria for Moral Judgement: Selected Reading from Tilmansani’s “Miftah al-Wusul” Click HERE for more details on this course and other sessions!
4. Be sure to get a copy of our latest publication-“Tears of the Yearners For the Meeting With God“. Click HERE for more details on this work!
Are you a member of a masjid or organization who would be interested in sponsoring a Lamppost event or a needy student for one of our courses? If so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org